A lot has changed in the overall way I intend on doing this project. I either currently have or have all of the pieces on order. The parts that I will be using include:
- Raspberry pi 3+ (including SD Card, power supply)
- 4 Channel Relay
- ADS1115 which is a I2C 16 bit analog to digital converter
- Display (Not sure which one I am using yet most likely a 240Hx320W LED)
- VL53L0X which is a time of flight sensor with an I2C interface. (this will aid in monitoring the hopper level)
- HCSR04 Ultrasonic Sensor (Also for hopper level monitoring)
- Various Molex Style Connectors
- Various Resistors
So far the Raspberry Pi has been setup (Tutorial Coming Soon) and ready to go.
Using raspi-config I set enabled I2C and set the hostname (grill)
I changed the I2C Baudrate from the default of 100KHz to 400KHz by adding the following to /boot/config.txt
Add the following to the bottom of /boot/config.txt as well:
I am using piFire software to power this so I am running the installer script from their github.
curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nebhead/pifire/main/auto-install/install.sh | bash
This process takes a fair amount of time, more to write when I have time.